Re: Strike Rail Yes? No?

Hi Greg,

You might remember some of the latter comments on that subject, particularly
from Bert and Malcolm explaining what might (or might not) occur. Bert ended
his post with "it's cheap insurance for what might occur".

Following the discussion, I decided to remove the strike ring on my pig system.
Since I've done this, I haven't had a strike to the primary to even worry
about. Prior to this, I could count on a few here and there on each high
powered run. On the 4th, I ran about 20 runs at approximately 30 seconds each,
at approximately 7.2KVA. I didn't have one arc down to the primary.

Obvisously, since there are no hits to the primary, nothing dies. But isn't the
difference in field control interesting? I don't think jury has made up it's
mind on this subject, but thought I would throw my observation your way.

Take care,
Bart