Novel primary designs

Hello Everyone,

A while back I was kinda busy and put coiling aside for the time being, but
now I'm getting the itch... I need to rebuild my whole system which, as I'm
sure you all know, can be quite costly. Well... If you want a good looking,
long lasting coil. I decided to start out with the primary and base
structure because everything else gets bolted to it...
I was hoping to employ a different type of primary, but so far, all I've
seen are flat coils made of copper tubing and lexan. Mostly, because these
materials are the easiest to find and put togather. Does anyone know of a
place to get info on primaries made of flat copper flashing? I've heard
those are really efficient and easy to make.

 I would like to try out an Idea from the makers of Electrum, a primary
that fits INSIDE the secondary. However, wouldn't that give too high of
coupling for a conventional coil? Great Idea to save space...

How about a spiral coil wound on supports that are shaped like a parabola?
Wouldn't that give the best distribution of magnetic flux along the length
of the coil? As long as the focal length is the same as the height of the
secondary. If TC frequencies propagate anything like standard RF...
.

Has anyone experimented with litz wire primaries? That would give higher
inductance with lower turns at high frequencies given the skin depth of TC
tank circuits...
The only problem is, you wouldn't be able to select the best tap because
you would have to make contact with all strands of the wire, thus shorting
out the other part of the primary which takes away inductance and creates
eddy currents. You'd have to know how many turns you need before you even
build the coil...
Litz wire may be succesfully employed in the tank circuit wiring, as it
allows a wire to carry more current for it's diameter.

The most practical of the new designs I was thinking of is not all that
new. Simply adding another layer to a flat coil which allows the two to
share inductance or whatever, thus requiring less turns. I've never tried
this, myself, but it is probably the next logical step.

I personally think that two layer copper tubing coils look the coolest : )

Could anyone fill me in as to where I could purchase Lexan?
I've seen this stuff in many coils and I'd like to get my hands on a big ol
slab of it.
Anyway, feel free to make fun of the above Ideas or add to them in any way...
later

                -Michael