secondary wire gauge, how much does it matter 26 vs. 35 awg

I was wondering how much the gauge of the wire matter in the secondary. I
know that a high gauge drops the frequency. I have also heard that a high
gauge also reduce the output of the coil due to resistance. I am asking this
because I thought I was buying 26 awg magnet wire (0.015 in.) but got 0.015
cm ( 0.0056 in.) wire which = about 35 awg wire. I need to know if I should
buy the right stuff which means lost  of $$ or use this stuff.
The secondary will be 4.25 in. in diameter and 22 in tall. supplied by 15 kv
60ma NST. The big question is " How big will the loss in discharge length?"
Thank You for your help!!

   http://www-dot-netzero-dot-net/download/index.html