Re: SRSG motor power

Hi Gomez, welcome back to the List! (it hasn't been that long, has it?),

Your design sounds just fine to me. My SRSG is identical in every aspect except
it can house anywhere from 2 to 12 electrodes and my electrodes are 0.375"
diameter. Works great! I can't say if the larger rotating electrode mass will
over-strain structural integrity, but you will be runnning at a pretty low
speed of ratation in the SRSG mode and I would guess it will be fine. Hopefully
someone can confirm this. The 1HP motor is plenty. I'm using a 1/3HP motor and
have no problems of it rolling out of sync (it comes into sync in about a
second and stays there).

Are you planning on building a crattle or stationary adjustment for the SRSG? I
would recommend it as you will want to adjust this at some point. I am in the
process of building a stationary electrode adjustment myself and wish I would
have done this to begin with.

Take care (and again, welcome back!),
Bart