RE: PVC or not

>From one who chose acrylic...it is very attractive indeed. Mine is a 6 inch
Plexiglas form. The gold of the copper and the Min Wax Poly (6+coats) look
good. I paid about $75 for 3 feet of 1/8 wall so that's $25/foot. Your quote
for 14/16" diam is decent at $20-30/foot! I'd go for the acrylic and skip
the extra drying drudgery.

Ted R.

Subject: Re: PVC or not

Original poster: Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com

 SNIP why not use acrylic so your coil will be
a work of art as well?
Just a thought,
Mike

SNIP
i am getting ready to build a 14 or 16 inch coil and have prices
> for acrylic and pvc..20 to 30 dollars (acrylic) versus 5 dollars a foot
(pvc).
>i plan on using the best inverter duty wire i can get.which will be close
> 300 dollars.. i do not want to have to wind the thing twice! my question
is
>will i really notice a difference whether i use pvc or acrylic..thanks
everyone
:-)