Moderator's note.

Hi All,

	Posting to the list is getting pretty heavy with 50 posts so far
today!  So, it is probably a good time to remind everyone of the usual
"rules" (there really are no rules :-)) to make things easier on us all.

There are many new people on the list these days! :-))  We have about
700-800 members so new coilers are not alone!

The Tesla list ""ONLY"" deals with the subject of ""Tesla coils"".  We
can get up to 90+ posts per day (30 average) so we are 'really strict'
about keeping things on the topic of "practical Tesla coiling".  Other
non Tesla coil related posts get rejected very quickly by your's
truly!

With 700+ people, we can send out up to 65000 e-mails a day and we will get
to about 8 million total e-mails this year!  Thus, we ask that posts be
kept fairly on subject and not excessively wordy.  Also, cutting off
unneeded parts of old posts you reply to, helps keep the bandwidth from
getting too jammed.

Please be very clear in your posts.  The list goes out all over the world
to all kinds of people so "subtle things" can be misunderstood.

Very short posts like "good idea", "thanks", "ok"... should probably be
sent directly to the person instead of the whole list to save bandwidth.

We do NOT send or accept file attachments of any type.  If you do see a
file attachment, assume it is a virus or something bad.  It should not have
been sent.  Some mail systems may add files at your end which are probably
fine but that is out of our control.  If you have a picture or something,
it is best to post it to a web page or offer to E-mail it to those interested.

The list only sends plain text.  Fancy graphics and fonts get removed so don't
bother.  This insures that everyone can read the posts even on a Commodore 64
or Palm Pilot.  It also protects against viruses.

It is nice if everyone has some name or handle to go by and signs their
posts with it.  That makes it much easier for everyone to keep track of who
is saying what.  Otherwise, we start sending answers to the wrong people
and...  it just gets messy...

Of course, profanity, flaming, trolling, and other obnoxious behavior is
not allowed.  We do have the ability to kick people off the list if needed.

Posts to the list are pre screened by the moderator (presently, me) to be
sure they are appropriate.  If I don't post something to the list, I always
write back to the person explaining why.  It "can" take up to 24 hours for a
post to make it out to everyone so be a bit patient...

If something is not of general interest to the whole list, it is often best
just to write back to a specific person.

This list is for pure beginners to highly advanced experts.  Thus, we get
the full range of posts and questions about Tesla coils.  Please be tolerant.

Despite the BIG server crash of last month, USWEST (QWEST) "changing things",
and squirrels chewing through my phone lines, Chip's new server and all seems
to be running perfectly "now".  YES!!  Turn around times can easily be in
minutes!!  MANY MANY thanks to all who have helped with donations towards
Chip's "sudden need" for new hardware!!

If you have any problems or concerns with the list, please feel free to
write Chip or me and we will get it fixed.  All the "stuff" is working
well now so there should be few problems (hope, hope!! :-))

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-uswest-dot-net