Re: Can I touch my Tesla ?

On 24 Jul 00, at 19:35, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
>
> cant it be done safe with a small one using a metal rod?That way its not
> concentrated to a certain entry point.
>
> matt

I think the clear message should be: do it at your own risk
and if you don't *know* what you are doing, don't even think
about trying it. Coils use lethal primary voltages and
currents and secondary discharge currents are also potentially
lethal (i.e. into the amps+ range for discharge currents and
base currents).  C'mon guys and gals, a bit of common sense is
called for. All it would take for the authorities to sit up
and jump on coiling activities is one well publicized death.
If you are going to do it, please do it quietly. Why let the
world know about it?

Malcolm