Re: Can I touch my Tesla ?

In a message dated 7/23/00 8:43:35 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<  Fact is I
 used to run the coil indoors in the winter (no ventilation) more 10 - 20
 minutes and i would
 smell that chlorine like ozone in the air within minutes.  I loved that
 smell!  Well, I recently
 learned about the extreme hazards of o3 (ozone). >>

I personally  know about ozone from experience. I too have ran a coil
in a poorly ventillated facility and have ended up getting pretty sick
( Bronchial pains accompanied by an uncontrollable cough with every
inhalation). I've never had asthma, but this would have be the  closest
thing to suffering an asthma attack for a non-asthma sufferer as my-
self. And once the symptoms manifest themselves, it would take 30-
45 minutes of fresh air for them to go away completely.

I might also add that one may get away with letting a relatively small
Tesla coil arc to their flesh and even if something goes wrong, they
will probably still live to tell about it. However, if someone tries this
stunt with a 10 KVA system and something should go wrong, chances
are they'll end up "pushing up daisies"! Like Terry stated, the more I
learn about it, the more fear I have of letting those streamers get any-
where near yours truly! Play it safe and just look at and listen to them.

Spark on, but keep it safe,
David Rieben