Re: Interesting inductor observation

Hi all

We had done some experimentation at job; we need a good variable ballast for
testing various equipment's ( TIG, motor, discharge lamp, ect ) at first we try
variarc but we experience trouble: sometime oscillation, no linearity. We
have a
big winding with a lot of tap retrieve from a big transfo: work good but
too big.
Finally we build a strait coil with a lot of tap and a moveable laminated core,
that work good. Could be cool to have one like that at home.

Luc Benard (Montreal)