Re: First VTTC light, and a few questions

Ralph,

upon further thinking about this advice, I realize there is something I
ought to mention. I'm not using a a center-tapped filament transformer.
Also, as this is the cathode, wouldn't one expect there to be RF present
in it? I think that an RF bypass cap would be better used on the wires to
the meter.

-Grayson Dietrich

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:56:23 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 7/19/00 9:17:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> <<  Filament Voltage: 6.6VAC (the meter reads a rising voltage as i
> increase
>  > the variac controlling plate voltage...  ...when the coil was
> ill-behaved
>  > it would increase to as much as 10V, now it only reaches
> 7V...what is
>  > happening?) >>
>
> Grayson,
>
> I solved that problem by bypassing to ground each leg of the
> filament leads
> with 0.02 - 0.05 uF capacitors. Place the caps right at the tube
> socket(s).
> You're getting RF into
> the filament wiring.
>
> Cheers,