G-10 vs polycarbonate (cont)

All,

Just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my question
regarding these two materials. I've been running my large coil
system up to 11 kVA with (2) 3/8" x 10" lexan rotory discs, ea
with (6) equadistantly spaced 3/8" x 2" long threaded brass rods
on 9" centers. My motor is a Black&Decker 1/3 hp, 3450 rpm
motor from a 6" bench grinder and I use both of the shaft ends,
hence the two rotory discs. So far, I haven't noticed any problems
with the lexan, but most of my high powered firings are < 1 min
-at- a time. I have noticed that the brass electrodes do get very hot
from operation and stay hot for a while after the power is turned
off, so this has got me to wandering if my RSG is safe after exten-
sive high powered firing. That is the main reason I brought my in-
quiry to the list. I've been hearing for years how good G-10 is for
RSG discs.

I now realize that the 800* F rating is lexan's burn resistance, but
does not mean that it will retain its structural integrity -at- this temp.
Hey, thanks again all for your informed responses to my question.

So Long and Keep 'um Sparking,
David