Re: First VTTC light, and a few questions

In a message dated 7/18/00 7:09:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Also, is it acceptable to run an 811A with a dull-red glowing plate, or
>  to what extent is such a thing allowed?
>
>  Thanks for any input, and I hope to hear from all you tube coil gurus out
>  there.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Grayson Dietrich

Grayson,

Congratulations on the first light.  A dull red plate is OK, and I would
just adjust the feedback and/or grid resistance to give longest spark
with a dull red plate.

Cheers,
John Freau