RE: rf ground?

John: I have read much on the difference between the electrical ground (AC)
and the RF ground for the coil. Yes, they should be very different when
possible.
The RF ground (for best results) should be called "earth" because you do the
Buffy thing with metal stakes. Dtive them into the ground. BUT, my coil will
operated in a metal building with a blacktop parking lot. So, I will run a
#4AWG from the collective RF ground bus (a 2"x8"x1/8th inch bar of copper)
to the cold water sprinkler pipes some 18 feet above the coil. Not the best
but I think it should work.
The AC ground is...the case of the NST and the EMI filters...the usual
grounds.
For more info (and there is plenty to read) check the pupman archives.

Safe Zapping...

Ted R.

------------------------------
Subject: rf ground?

Original poster: "John Morawa" <morawaj-at-interaccess-dot-com>

Hey everyone,

I sent this msg out last Friday but never received any answers so I'm trying
one more time.

Hey folks,

I havent done any coiling in 10+ years.  Back then the largest system i had
was powered by a 15/60 NST.  At the time i just ran a long piece (15') of
#18 stranded wire from the base of the secondary with the other end clamped
to any electrical conduit I could find.  It seemed to work fine.  I have
been reading some posts in the archives about the secondary being a
different ground.  An rf ground.  My question is this, was what i did a
BADDDD thing?  Also, had i driven multiple pipes into the ground and
interconnected them and used them as my secondary ground would i expect to
get any improvement in discharge length?

Thanks again,
John M.