rf ground?

Hey everyone,

I sent this msg out last Friday but never received any answers so I'm trying
one more time.

Hey folks,

I havent done any coiling in 10+ years.  Back then the largest system i had
was powered by a 15/60 NST.  At the time i just ran a long piece (15') of
#18 stranded wire from the base of the secondary with the other end clamped
to any electrical conduit I could find.  It seemed to work fine.  I have
been reading some posts in the archives about the secondary being a
different ground.  An rf ground.  My question is this, was what i did a
BADDDD thing?  Also, had i driven multiple pipes into the ground and
interconnected them and used them as my secondary ground would i expect to
get any improvement in discharge length?

Thanks again,
John M.