Re: Strange shock (fwd)

Hi David,

I read this after replying to David's post. Since you observed the same
phenomenon with a cardboard form, then I would think that the coating applied
is probably the cause. I still think PVC and similar forms may cause this
problem, but also the coating type. The charge properties of your shellack may
be very different than the Marine Spar Varnish I used. I've ran my coil in
relative humidity levels down to 20, but never got a shock. I have a habbit of
touching the secondary after runs checking for a static charge and have never
had one on the coil.

Bart