Re: Strange shock (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've been observing all of these different comments regarding the obvious
> electrostatic phenomena of the sec. coil surface and there is really little
> that I can add. I have indeed experienced this effect myself in the past a
> few times and it does seem like, to the best of my knowledge, that it al-
> ways involved plastic PVC pipe as the secondary form material. With my
> very limited formal education in physics,

	I've seen a very pronounced example of this in a coil wound on a
 3-1/8" cardboard mailing tube, shellacked and dried a couple of times,
and then with a couple of coats of shellack over the winding of #28 wire
(wire size shouldn't matter, of course}.  On a dry day the "shocks" can
be observed at least 15 minutes after the thing has been run.

Ed