Re: SIlly idea

i'm not exactly sure that this would be the case. though the discharge
is in a wave form, at the very last swing of the wave after shut down
the energy would be stored as a dc current. this has happened to me in
my tank circuit and is why we need discharge resistors. if the secondary
terminal is hard wired to the cap then i see the stored energy traveling
back through the secondary windings to the base ground. but then again
if a streamer is allowed to hit the barrel cap then shut down the energy
might be stored in the cap.
i wouldn't want to be the one to discharge it though...........marc