Re: SIlly idea

I don't know if you are following the "strange shock" thread
or not, but what you are proposing just might do something.

If the mechanism for the charge on the coil surface is from
what I think it is then the charge driven away from the coil
should accumulate on the foil on the inside of your drum,
or could.

So you might wind up with the interior surface of the drum
having an opposite charge relative to the insulation on the
surface of the coil windings.  Provided your coil has this
behavior in the first place.

The arcing from the coil might disrupt the effect entirely
in an enclosed space like that too.  So you might just get
nothing at all.  Worth a try though.

	John