Re: Strange shock (fwd)

I have noticed that too.  Very likely it is a electrophorus effect or a
variant of it.

Now that I think of it I ran across an acount on a web site some years
back of a tesla coil that was large, ten feet tall or some such, and the
account the builder gave on his site was interesing.

He said that the static charge on the secondary would rise to a point,
while the coil was in operation, that a piece of tissue flung at the
secondary would be drawn to it and then ejected as though it had
been tossed toward a Van DeGraff generator.

He also had time exposure photos that apparently showed a blue glow
about the base of the secondary.  This was not the usual effect
you get when the primary is to close and breakdown is threatening.
It looked more like ionized air flowing down and over the
base mount in a sheet, like a fluid.  Hard to beat for a really strange
tesla coil picture.

Now I wish I hadn't lost track of the url...

	John