RE: secondary jack (resend)

Unless the jacks are located within the "protective" confines of the toroid
(i.e. above the lowermost part of the toroid), the bumps of the jacks are
likely to promote corona.  I would recommend splicing the secondary magnet
wire with the smallest possible solder bump to a piece of less-fragile thin
stranded wire, and space-winding that up to the toroid.  The banana jacks
can be used to connect the stranded wire to the inner equator of the toroid,
as corona won't form there.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA