Re: Grounding Strategies

Hi David,

An accidental strike to your body on your coil would prove fatal regardless. I
know line frequency currents can be posed onto the streamers and one of these
strikes could be fatal even on low current coils, but connecting one side of
the transformer to RF ground is not going to cause this. I don't think it's a
good idea to connect RF ground to the transformer terminal (case yes, terminal
no). RF currents will find their way back to the transformer and cause
transients, heating, and a possible breakdown on the secondary side.

Bart