Re: New Transformer/Gap Quenching

Malcolm!

Your statement about the relationship btwn chokes resulting in resonant
charging is interesting. The relationship btwn. a powerside inductor and
the tank cap is well known. For _tank side_ inductor multiply with turns
ratio squared.

But is there a way to calculate the value of a _tank side_ inductor
directly?

I would like to move into 3-phase rectified territory, but am unsure
about the method of calculating the value of the choke.

Making it is another matter that I`m familiar with, although I`l have to
drag out the Hanna curves to determine the airgap.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <M.J.Watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

snip...