Primary-secondary spacing

     Hey folks,

     I'm helping some friends build a big coil right now, and wanted some
     advice from the big coilers on the list.  My building experience is
     with my own small 700 watt coil, and this is a 15KVA pig powered
     monstrosity.

     The secondary is 15" in diameter.  What would folks recommend as a
     good distance between the secondary and the first turn of the primary?
     My instinct is to go at least 2"-2.5" or more to avoid flashover. . .

     thanks,

     paul mathus