[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: drying coil forms

>> I just thought of a great way to stay dry and possibly make the job easier.
>> Try wrapping  a sheet of that Home Depot vareity polyethelene sheet around a
>> pvc pipe (how you are going to get it to stay there is beyond me though.
>> Nothing seems to stick to this stuff). You can use the 4 or 6 mil stuff, it
>> doesn't matter. Apply the windings and then the coating. After it cures you
>> could probably slide the whole thing off the PVC pipe and then the
>> polyethelene sheet could then be removed with a simple tug!

I'm skeptical about this, the friction of 700-1000 tight turns of magnet
wire could make this very difficult if not impossible to slide off.  I
think you're right about having some kind of film between the tube and
the wire, so that the varnish is not adhering to the tube, but I think
the tube should still be cardboard.  The soak until soggy method sounds
more promising to me than fighting the friction.

-Adam
adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net