[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Franceformers

>Personally, if I had to buy a new one, I'd go with one of our local NST
>providers: Actown-Electrocoil. They use vacuum impregnation with epoxy
>resin, and it's about the closest you'll get in finding a "bullet-proof"
>NST. Unfortunately, they're not repairable. You can read about them at:
>http://www.thomasregister-dot-com/olc/industrialcoils/2a.htm
>
>-- Bert --

I have bought two of the Actown units (both 15 kV -at- 30 mA) and horribly
abused them in all sorts of applications (like charging a big (10 kJ) energy
discharge cap, then inadvertently using the neon as a energy dump load when
the charging diodes failed in a flashover), and they still keep on chunking
along...