[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: nathan's saga update...

Just a quick comment regarding 'soldering' big heavy wire to washers.
Use sandpaper to get oxide off both. Then, coat each with generous flux (not
acid core of course). then clamp and heat both with a Propane torch with a
suitably adjusted flame. Less solder used and a better bond because...it's
HOTTER.

And don't burn yourself :^) let all cool down first.

Ted

<snip> From Nathan:
Subject: Re: nathan's saga update...
  I spent a lot of time today soldering different
lengths to washers so I could just stick 'em on the bolts and tighten them
down.  No more alligator clips. I used about 15 feet of resin core solder!
they had BETTER work well!
<unsnip>