[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: grounding

Hi Ross,

	You can bury the rod, connection, and strap so it will never show too...

Water pipes are perfect if they are the nice heavy galvanized steel ones.
Nowadays, there is all this plastic "stuff" running around so if your house
is fairly new you have to be sure you water lines are not plastic I guess.
Your house wiring and phone may also be grounded to the same water pipe (a
good sign) so you may have a nice conduction path to them if the ground is
not really good.

I ground to the water pipe just as it comes into the house and it works
great.  Be sure not to use a hot water pipe because the water heater is
eclectically isolated to reduce corrosion.  Just be sure you have good
solid metal between the coil and the earth and you can't go too wrong on
2KVA and less coils.  If your running 100+KVA then maybe you need to ground
to a buried locomotive or something. ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry