[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HDPE Film Canisters

Chris,

I've built small caps using film canisters, black, white, and grey. I
don't think they use a carbon-bearing pigment in the black ones. Never
used them in TC service, but they seem to work fine elsewhere. The only
problem would be the insane tediousness of needing to make up so many of
them...   though I've always used aluminum tape or foil on the inside and
outside. If SW were used, then the construction would be far easier.

If you want a neat challenge, then I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
It would be very much like an MMC, needing a number in series to ensure
it doesn't arc over, or perhaps all of them could be submersed in a layer
of oil. It sure would be a shame if it were tipped or shaken, though.

I've seen the site where that air cap you made reference to was shown. I
think it would work, though it would still be huge, for any significantly
larger-than-tiny coil.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com