[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nathan's Problems Solved.

Hello, all

Thanks very much to Terry Fritz, we think we have pinpointed the problem in
my coil.

*I was using BLACK POLYETHYLENE SHEETING in my capacitors!*
(sheepish laugh...) heh heh heh...  Ahem.
               /. .\
               -___-

NOBODY ELSE USE THAT EVIL MATERIAL!! that is, if you were as uninformed as
myself when I built them.  Apparently they use carbon in it to protect
against outdoor UV rays.  So I really just was running my coil with
extremely high dissipation "capacitors" or probably more accurately,
expensive, time consuming resistors.  Shoot.

So now I will move on into the 21st century of coiling with an MMC. And
we'll see how that works.

I will update you all soon.

thank you all very much for your help and support!

It is really great to be in contact with such fine, knowledgable people as
yourselves.

Best regards,

Nathan Ball