[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Full Wave Voltage Doubler with MOTs

Comment

An option I've used with success (could also be used in conjuntion with some DC
options) is to use 4 MOT in 2 phased pairs each with the outer secondary
floating
and in series with an unmodified MOT. Needed to select the outer MOT
carefully for
good isolation of the secondary to the core and also placed this XFRMR in
an oil
bath (made from 6" PVC plumbing bits, the MOTS just fit in nicely)

Also used good RF decoupling from the Tesla. This arrangement gives about
4.5kVAC
per side being 9kVAC. This could of course be rectified in a voltage doubler.