[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Poly-Lok polyester resin transformer...

Hi all,

> Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
> Use kerosine -- it works great, but be sure to use outdoor
>due to fire hazard.
> Dr. Resonance

> >>Original Poster: Apollo <ollopa-at-jps-dot-net>
> >>Wait... I think I found a solution.
> >>I soaked a couple chunks of that resin in acetone for an hour
> >>and they swelled up and started coming apart.

Are you sure you guys are talking about polyester RESIN??

A resin is a two component mix which hardens chemically.
(Model airplane) epoxy is similar and I know of NO solvents
other than the witches´ brew, I mentioned a few days ago,
that will dissolve this stuff. After all, in model usage, epoxy
has to withstand caster (or synthetic) oil, methanol, and
nitromethane. I have washed things glued with epoxy (or
resin for that matter) in gasoline, acetone, kerosene and a
multitude of other solvents and have never had things come
apart or swell during cleaning. Bondo is also a polyester
resin mix and doubt it would dissolve in gasoline.........

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard