[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Trans/dynamo failure

Hi All,
         I agree with Terry that having such a unique collection of exact
documentary evidence in the hands of one so qualified to evaluate it is a
great step for the understanding of Tesla's work. I would be particullarly
interested to know if you have the recipts for the transformer Tesla refers
to as 'The Westinghouse Transformer' and sizes for the glass jars used in the
capacitor.

Regards
Nick Field

<< >To Charles and all:

 >In a recent post to the Tesla List, I described having the actual
 >repair receipt from the El Paso Electric Co., for the repair work
 >necessary on the alternator that Tesla burned out.  (It is but
 >one document in a series I recently purchased.)  Note that I
 >said "alternator" instead of "dynamo."

 snip...

 Hi Bill,

    I would like to congratulate you on this wonderful acquisition!  There is
 a lot of Tesla stuff running around but not much is in the hands of
 technical people who can truly evaluate it.  I will certainly be very
 interested in the tidbits you can pull from this wonderful collection.

 BTW - How much did it cost to repair El Paso's alternator in 1899??  Does
 it give the exact date and items damaged too??

 Happy New Millennium!!

    Terry >>