[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST Inductance

> Have 10 gals bottled water
> will ship for UPS charges only

I don't need the water, but I am thinking that there may be a large number
of slightly used medium sized generators for sale shortly.. This would be a
nice source to run a coil with, so you don't have to hassle with the long
cord to the service entrance, etc...

Anybody have practical experience running a coil off of, say, a 5 kVA Honda
generator? Didn't the SoCal Teslathon run off generator power?

I presume that some care would need to be taken with filtering, etc., so
that you don't fry the generator with back conducted HV hash.  What about
the GFI that is present on many larger generators?

Actually, a 15 kVA unit would be even better, but probably getting up into
trailer mounted territory. The 5 kVA unit I used to use was heavy enough as
is, but at least it had casters and could roll around.

Perhaps I'll wait a week and see what turns up on E-bay...