[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary is throwing small streamers off the top twowraps -help?

SNIPP>>

> Scot, why do you think his toroid is too big? I would say it
> is the other way around. It is too small. The spray-off at the
> top indicates he has got E-field control problems, so he either
> needs a bigger topload or at least a second toroid (which then
> can be a bit smaller).
Snip...
> Coiler greets from Germany,
> Reinhard

Hi Reinhard...

:) i love to try different things ( experimenting) and i tried placing a
really big toriod ( 8"od X 32"od ) on top of my existing 4"od X 15"od
toriod..... ( previously it was the smaller one and a 6"od X 24"od)(( i
use the 4X15 as a shield toriod)) any way i digress....   once i added
the bigger one and "tried" to retune  i couldnt get rid of the corona on
the top winds of the coil  UNTILL  i went back to a smaller toriod  ( i
guess the bigger toriod forced the break out to occur at the top of the
coil) doesnt make sence  but thats what happened  :)

Scot D