[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Factor Capacitor -- Was -- RE: schematics...AdamSmith's

> Original Poster: "Mike Nolley" <mnolley-at-mail.slc.edu>
>
> Just a thought:  would it be possible to simply use 2 electrolytics and
> rectify them using two 300V, 30A diodes?  One would charge during one
> phase, the other during the other phase.  Or would this lead to a
> doubler effect?

? I'm not sure what schematic you're invisioning, but you've probably either
got: 1) A circuit where the caps could never discharge once charged, or 2)
anti-parallel diodes that effectively cancel each other out.

-Adam
adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net