[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Details

<< Original Poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com

> hey im a new coiler and havnt even built an actual coil.i a 3by3 incher
> though!it put out 1.5 inch sparks.it was powered by a 1250volt3.5ma he-ne
> laser supply.hopefully you got the hints that i dont know what im doing.i
> just orderd a couple of 7.5kv30ma transformers and im building a 3 by 18
inch
> secondary.can you help me by telling me the dangers such as electricution
and
> things never to do and how loud is this?

Fucian,

Tesla coils are 100% lethal devices.  Don't let the sparks touch you,
and don't work on it unless it's unplugged from the power, and make
sure the caps are discharged before you work on them, because they
can hold a lethal charge too.

Safety through knowledge and discipline,
John Freau