[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: weather influence on TC performance

Hi Brian, and list,

 I ran the coil again some 5 days ago, however I changed the tune point
slightly

and wiped down the secondary with a dry cloth - woooo hoooo she's back!!
Let her rip for at least5 minutes on as much power as I dared for that amount
of time as I was so happy.

Thanks to all who replied as the many suggestions certainly assisted my
meanderings
while thinking about what to do.

Sorry to hear about your rsg  Brian- I too had a problem, when I finally
switched off, and went
to ground out the cap I noticed one of the rsg pins on an angle, when I checked
further
I found UHMWPE had finally melted, (10+KVA is too much I would say), I was
lucky
it had
not moved so far that it would have physically contacted one of the stationary
electrodes.
I'm now having 2 G10 disks made up.

Best Regards,

Robin Copini in OZ.

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Basura, Brian" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>
>
> Robin,
>
> I find my coils like to run when it's near freezing outside. The humidity
> doesn't seem to matter much as long as it's non condensing (although high
> humidity here in the Southern California Desert is 40%)...
>
> Regards,
> Brian
>
> PS - I ran my coil last weekend between rain showers. Temp was 40 degrees
> Fahrenheit and performance was great (6' ground strikes with an occasional
> 7'). Normally I wouldn't run in these conditions but Alex Crow was here from
> England.
>
> PSS - We did have a small disaster. I have a heavy skirt around the base of
> my coil to block the RSG light. This skirt blew into the RSG and the "*****
> hit the rotating oscillator". It broke the eight rotating electrodes into 24
> pieces :(

<snip>