[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary is throwing small streamers off the top two wraps - help?

Hi Doc R, all,

> Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
> It is also desireable to spacewind the last 4-5 turns with
>some fishing line and then remove the line and disgard after
>sealing the wire to the coil. This slowly reduces the capacitance
>value on the last few turns and helps to prevent sudden HV
>buildups on the last turn.

VERY good point. I get away with less turns, but you are
most definitely correct with this statement. Even though
my toroid is still too small, I get NO spray off the windings,
whereas this was a big problem on coils that I didnīt wind
this way.

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard