[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers

>Original Poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>
>
>TCML,
>
>Watching Mr. Megavolt getting "extinguished" by a dry
>chemical fire extinguisher made me think back to the time
>I had to use one on set. What a mess! I spend half a day
>with a broom and shop-vac cleaning up the "dry chemical".
>
>Replace the fire extinguisher you're now keeping by your side
>(right? you ARE keeping one next to the controller... aren't you?)
>with a CO2 model. You won't find one at Home Depot, you'll
>have to call a fire extinguisher company but it will be worth it
>if you ever have to use (and clean up after) it.
>
>Jeff W. Parisse
>Director, kVA Effects
>www.teslacoil-dot-com

For the same reasons we use Halon, on Test sites, in the Geekmobiles, and in
the lab. We got a great deal on small (2Lb) Halon units. I don't know who
makes them, but they're white bottles with black plastic tops and nozzles.
They make a horroble stink though, and you can't use them in a confined
space (like a car) if you plan on staying in there. They remove the oxygen
from the air and will suffocate you if you stay.

Chris "The Burning Man" Boden