[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: Re: Reducing Self Resonance In Rolled Caps

Hi Ruud,

> Original Poster: "DaxisWeb user" <""-at-mail.daxis.nl>
<snip>

> Hi Malcolm,
>
> I ment between the plates, to fill up the air as much as possible.
> Like this:
>
>    Si PE PE PE PE PE PE PE PE PE Si
> Al Al Al Al Al Al Al Al Al Si Si Si                   <---
>    Si PE PE PE PE PE PE PE PE PE Si
>    Si Si Si Al Al Al Al Al Al Al Al Al                <---
>    Si PE PE PE PE PE PE PE PE PE Si

I assume the second "line" of your drawing is skewed. I presume
the foil extends out of the cap (where my arrows are pointing) to
enable connections to be made?  That scheme ispretty much the
one I used except I used folded plastic rather than silicone rubber. It
still doesn't exclude air from the cap and oil would not only be
difficult to get into a design like that but it will also do things to the
rubber.  For exactly those reasons I have gone the MMC and/or
commercial cap route.

Regards,
Malcolm