[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First Light (was: Best case senario secondary output?)

Justin,

I have a coil close to yours in size,a 3.5-inch secondary, and I got best
results be decreasing the cap size and taping the primary to be nearly as
big as was possible. I got and average of 18-inches, with a 24-inch
streamer every once in a while taped at 13.5 turns on the primary. You
might try this -- it may work. MMC cap may be different, and I'm curious to
try out Terry Fritz's new cap matching equation. That was on cold, dry
evenings in Colorado though, at school in Texas, I haven't been able to get
it in tune (although I've only tried once). Try it, it may work.

My two cents,

Daniel Lockhart