[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole Transformers

> <<
>> Thank you for your reply. I now wonder if anyone on the list has been able
>> to get a pole pig from a US utility company?
>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralph Zekelman
>   >>

> Ralph,
>
> I think it depends on where you live in the US too.  In the south, or west,
> and maybe areas of the midwest, where the wild mustangs run, there
> may be less concern about safety issues, etc.  But in the crowded
> northeast and nearby.  The safety gestapo mentality is in full blown
> fervor.
>
> Cheers,
> John

Ralph, John,

Having lived in almost 30 different locations across the country (pretty
much everywhere except New England, I can confirm that's the case. But I
believe it's population density related. Miami and LA have become yankeeized
as well. (Probably why Atlanta and Charleston have become so popular.)

Try checking out availability of hardware in geographically remote
locations. Its paradoxical that the areas with fewer units available will
probably be the most likely to give you what they have.

Bryan