[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole Transformers

Hello Ralph,

Depending on your budget and geographical location, try T & R Electric
http://www.t-r-dot-com/ They are very helpful. Talk to Chris (I believe). I
inquired a while ago, and told him what I would be using it for (power
supply for a HV lab :-)), and found just the right "pig". Only problem was
the shipping cost from Colman SD to Oregon, as it put the total cost over
my budget :-(. 5 and 10KVA pigs were around $250. The rural Utilities might
be a bit more forthcoming (I have yet to check those around me) then the
larger city Utilities. Or just find out what bar the foreman at the repair
shop hangs out and chum up to him...

Good pig huntin',

David Trimmell

At 11:47 AM 2/21/00 , you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>Hi Ralph,
>
>I wouldn't even consider going through a utility company, there are
>remanufacturers out there who's business is to sell what they have in stock. I
>bought my pig from Solomon Corporation. The pig is completely remanufactured
>including non-pcb oil, new secondary windings, and was delivered clean, no
>leaks,
>and in "like new" condition. Of course, I paid the price ($300). The person I
>talked with had no problems with what I was going to use it for. I did not,
>however, "feed" too much info to him. Keep it "business". In other words - "I
>want "this" with "that" and "how shall we arrange payment".
>
>Bart
>
>> I feel very sad. I'm afraid you just do not know what things are like now
>> in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Politeness and
>> persistence come-in second or third place to the importance of not giving
>> your name and address.  Looking for a pole transformer from a public
>> service company here is liable to get you a home visit by the safety
Gestapo.