[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole Pig Question

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>
>
> > Original Poster: "Ryan Ries" <spud-at-wf-dot-net>
> >
> snip
>
> > Others have weird things like 7200/12470Y, or 12470GY/7200.
> > Could you please explain this to me also?  I have a feeling
> > it has to do with the 1-phase and 3-phase thing, but I don't know.
>
> Correct. In a three phase circuit (using the above example)
> you will have 7200 volts between a phase (R, S or T) and N (or
> ground for insulation purpose) and between two phases (like R &
> S) you have 12470V.

I was about to ask this very question. Here are 2 listings from
Austin International's webpage:

15 KVA, Primary Volts 7.2 X 19.9, Secondary Volts 120/240, Taps N.T.

15 KVA, Primary Volts 7200, Secondary Volts 120/240, Taps N.T.

10 KVA, Primary Volts 7620, Secondary Volts120/240, Taps T.B.

So from what you're saying, the top one woul be 3 phase (and therefore
not easily usable) and the bottom 2 would be single phase, correct?
Any idea what the difference between a N.T. and a T.B. tap is?

Thanks!
Paul

btw, know any other sources for pigs that have an online listing
of what they have?