[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tube Data

Hi All,
         today I picked up a massive tube and wondered if anyone had any idea
what it is.  The only number on the thing is QB 5/1750. I've looked it up on
most of the net tube data sites and none of them have heard of it.  The glass
bulb is about 4" diameter by 5" high with a big heatsunk feed through on the
top and 5 rather beefy pins on the bottom.  The anode looks like about 1½"
diameter.
The filament xfmr looks like about 200VA and the leads to the tube were 2mm
thick copper.
Inside the unit I got it out of there was a 24kV capacitor bank - but I don't
know if they were connected while in operation as half the thing was missing.

Thanks In Advance
Nick Field