[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole Transformers

In a message dated 2/18/00 6:28:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Hi,
    I've been in contact with the person in charge of selling
 surplus equipment from the local power company asking about power
 pole transformers.  He says that most of them are only sold for
 5%-40% market value, but the problem is, when if comes to a bid, I
 have no idea what would be a typical bid.  I'm not sure of the
 specifications of what I'd want, something rather small though, but
 could anyone help with the general prices different transformers
 might have?

 Thanks,
 Travis
 Atheist/Freethinker aa #1622

Travis,

I would look for a two bushing (two high voltage bushings as opposed to one)
14,400 volt transformer rated at either 5 or 10 kva.  I bought mine for
$100.00, which is a good deal.  I think some folks have paid close to $200.00
for these.

Ed Sonderman