[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: increasing current output of NST

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Jon Lagler" <rockcrawl-at-netzero-dot-net>
>
> Hi,
>  I de-tarred my Jefferson 12/30 NST tonight to remove some of the shunts and
> increase the current output. The problem is, I can't see any shunts at all.
> Where are they, and how do I remove them? Is it possible my trans doesn't use
> any? I'll be really upset if I can't make any changes after all that work. My
> NST has the HV and line wires coming out of the case through bushings instead
> of the screw terminals that I often see on others. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. I think it's time to look for a pig!
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Hi Jon ...

the shunts look just like transformer core material but they are
seperate they should be between the primary winding and the secondary
winding...  they look like little transformer core material bricks ...
be careful when removing them  you dont want to damage the secondary
windings.,..

Scot D