[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hydrogen gap

> Original Poster: ross andrews <sflourine-at-home-dot-com>
>
>         Yeah, alcohol can't be dried easily (copper sulfate leaves a ton of
> water in anything).  You could use kerosene - this is easily dried with
> sodium metal (hard to get ahold of, tho).  Why don't you circulate
> hydrogen through the electrodes for cooling then thru a water cooling
> device in the same way they do in large generator?  Granted, larger
> temperatures, but it still oughta work.  I think hydrogen picks up heat
> easily..dont know for sure tho.
>
>         Ross

   Thanks for this great idea--it simplifies the problem of having 2 pump
mechanisms, one for the alchohol, and one for the hydrogen.  I had originally
thought that both the electrodes and the gap would use alchohol, but it could
be that using hydrogen to cool both would also be effective.  The problem is,
the hydrogen would have to move relatively quickly to remove the heat
sufficiently--to do this I would either need a huge supply of hydrogen, or a
way of recycling it.  Would something like a refrigerator pump work?