[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST and GFI ?

> Original Poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
>
> GFI protection is generally NOT considered a good thing for coils..I have
> actually been able to run my coil (15/60) from a GFI outlet, but I think
that
> is the exception, rather than the rule.
>
> chris

Chris,

Actually, I've run many different coils on a GFI circuit for years.  I've
never even had it trip off when running.  I even bring all the grounds
back on the outlet ground.  The only time I know of that will cause
the GFI to trip off is when I take a rod, that's grounded to the same
ground as the coil's, and then let the sparks from the terminal hit it -
instant trip then!

Dave