[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Big Time Coil Problems...

Not necessarily so.  If Ryan was using a static gap, then the maximum
voltage developed across the gap and cap is dictated solely by the gap
setting.  Cranking up the AC input voltage would cause the cap to charge and
the gap to fire more frequently, which does relate to stress on the cap, but
the maximum cap voltage would be unaffected.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA